The history of the BMW Group began in 1916 with the construction of aircraft engines in Munich Oberwiesenfeld. The Munich plant as it is known today was built in1922. After the Second World War, the production of motorcycles was resumed in Munich in 1948, with the assembly of automobiles recommencing at the plant three years later. These were initially the large saloons of the 500 Series (V 8), followed by small cars such as the Isetta, the BMW 600 and the BMW 700. The decisive breakthrough was first achieved in 1961 with the launching of the BMW 1500, the first model of the "new class".
Today, around 9000 employees from more than 50 nations build the BMW 3 Series at the Munich plant. The Sedan is produced predominantly for the European and American markets. The Touring is assembled exclusively in Munich and thus intended for the global market. Since summer 2013 the BMW 4 Series Coupé is produced at BMW Plant Munich. Moreover, various variants of BMW internal combustion engines and diesel engines as well as high-performance power units for BMW M-models originate from the Munich engine plant. Pressing tools and body components, which are supplied by the Munich facility to other factories within the production network, complete the spectrum of products made there.
For more information, click here to visit their site.